How To Set Up A first Aid Kit
What Do You Put In A First Aid Kit?
Take some time to think about what the kit is for, if you are going on an outing think about where are you going? who are you going with? what will you be doing? and picture all of the possible injuries that may occur. When you have an idea of possible injuries simply set up your first aid kit accordingly.
A good all round, basic first aid kit should include:
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- (PPE) Personal protection equipment such as goggles, surgical gloves and masks. You may also need to consider ear plugs, good boots, thick clothing and bad weather gear.
Dressings, Bandages and Aids
- Different size plasters for minor bleeding issues
- Sterile Gauze dressings – small, medium and large
- Sterile eye dressings
- Triangular bandages
- Different size crepe bandages
- Burn aid
- Cold Packs
- Emergency blanket
Test Equipment (Depending on your level of first aid training)
- (BSL kit) Blood Sugar Level Kit
- Blood pressure kit
- Safety pins
- Sticky tape
- Sterile wipes
- Distilled water so you can clean wounds
- Eye wash and an eye bath
- Spray or cream to stop the irritation of insect bites and stings
With the above setup you should be well equipped to handle most situations in any activity.