Safe Kids – In the Bathroom, Garage And Laundry
Are Your Children Safe?Take a look at the checklist below; these are some of the more common causes of injuries in the bathroom, garage and laundry. You should be able to answer YES to all of the following questions, if not, simply fix the problem and you are good to go.
Safe Kids – In The Bathroom
- Do you have the hot water thermostat set below 49°C (above 45°C to stop legionnaires disease)?
- Do you have all of your sharp tools such as razor blades and scissors locked away in a cabinet?
- Have you installed child proof locks on drawers and cabinets?
- Do the power outlets have ground fault circuit interrupters to turn off the power if an electrical appliance is faulty or gets wet? E.G. Clipsal Safety Switch
- Have you installed a toilet lid lock to keep the lid closed?
- Are all of the electrical appliances unplugged and put out of reach when not in use?
- Do you have non-slip strips attached to the bottom of the bathtub?
- Do you have all rugs and bath mats secured to the floor so they cannot slip?
- Do you have childproof caps on all medicine bottles?
- Are all medications, cleaners and cosmetics such as mouthwash, perfumes, nail polishes and removers, hair sprays and others kept in a locked cabinet?
Safe Kids – In The Garage And Laundry
- Are all tools locked away or kept out of reach of children?
- Are chemical products stored in their original container in a locked area? E.G Auto fluids, garden chemicals, bleaches, cleaning products, detergents and pool care chemicals
- If you have a laundry chute does it have a child proof lock?